Pages

Monday, December 19, 2011

A letter to a friend with a cold

Oh no! You have a cold!

By May Kwek

My dear friend I hear that you’re ill
And I really hope this letter will
Cheer you up in some way
As you go about your day today

I have here a sure formula
That will get you well
First you take a length of time
And stir it till it swells

Then add hours of sleep
Just a sprinkling or two
Oh and add laughter
We must add that too!

Then mix in a good rest
And let the mixture rest
Remember this is important
Or the whole thing will be a mess

And after the resting
 Take the mixture in large doses
Plus be careful not to spill
 A drop on your brand new trousers

Ok that should be everything
Call me when you’re well
Then we can meet someday
Perhaps by Fountain well?

Copyright © 2011 by May Kwek

No comments: