Pages

Sunday, December 4, 2011

The King of the Jungle Am I

The King of the Jungle Am I 

By May Kwek

The peacock strides in the forest heat
holding his head high above the weeds
He fans out his tail and with a loud shout cries
"King of the forest am I!"

A tiger pounces in the forest deep
but misses the peacock with his leap
He lands on a trap and it is sprung
and into a hole he has sunk

The peacock looks into the hole
and there's the tiger! Lo and behold!
With pride he fans out his tail and cries
"King of the Jungle am I!"

A snake in the waters deep
sees a peacock that's good to eat
He strikes out but alas! Sigh.
A falling fruit hits him from behind

The peacock looks at the unconscious snake
and takes a drink from the lake
Then he fans out his tail and with pride cries
"King of the forest am I!"

A man sees a peacock bright
and wants it with all his might
He steps forward but trips on a stone
and the fall leaves him cold

Now the peacock feels very fine
he opens his tail and sees it shine
"No one can hurt me here!" he cries,
"For King of the Jungle am I!"

Copyright © 2011 by May Kwek 

No comments: