Pages

Sunday, September 30, 2012

Trying to forget


 Trying to forget

By May Kwek

The exam’s tomorrow
And as usual I am nervous to bits
I fidget, I moan, I try to forget
And finally I find a way to relax

Listening to music
Watching a movie or two
Writing my stories
Reading about God knows who

Doing a crossword
Writing a poem
Solving a puzzle
Pretending to be solemn

I do all these things and more
And though I said it is to relax
I can’t help but wonder
If I am trying to forget

Forget! Forget! Why think of it now?
Will it solve my why and my how?
Forget! Forget! I will think of it not
No I won’t it is forgot!

I will not think of it
I will listen to music now
I will forget
The time’s not right now

So yes it seems
I am trying to forget
Oh let it work!
The hours I will not regret!

Copyright © 2012 by May Kwek

No comments: