Pages

Sunday, September 23, 2012

Will You Trust Me?


Will You Trust Me?

By May Kwek

Sometimes life makes me want to shout
Everything becomes clouded in a fog of doubt
I cry out and say I want out
And turn and ask God what’s all this about

“Am I wrong?” he would demand
“To put you in such a place?
Can you question me?
Who created all in the first place?”

I know I cannot answer
Job said the same long ago
Yet looking all around me
I wonder why this is so

Then a quiet voice
In a gentler tone
Asks “Do you trust me?”
“Is it you can’t or you won’t?”

I looked up but can’t reply
I am afraid of what I’ll say
But I needn’t have answered
He continued anyway

“I am the Alpha and the Omega
The beginning and the end
All things were created through me
And you are in my hands”

“The Sun rises at my bidding
But it is you that I love
So don’t be afraid in the darkness
Be secure in my love”

“I try!” I cry
“But it is harder than you say
The road stretches out before me
And I do not know the way”

Then there was a silence
An awful long one still
And he suddenly spoke
As my spirit began to wilt

“The question is my child” he said
“What will you be?
Continue to be tortured by yourself
Or will you trust me?”

Copyright © 2012 by May Kwek

No comments: