Pages

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Seasick


Seasick

By May Kwek

You know that I love the sea
And on it I ought to be happy
But sadly I find that this is not to be
For sea sickness has stricken me

I remember being on the Pacific
On a bright blue day
Going out to see the whales
And following them all the way

At first I was excited
As excited as a child
But throughout the four hours
I was sea sick all the while

To see the waves rise
And watch another ship disappear
To feel the ship rocking
As though balancing on a sphere

To stare at the far off shore
And will it to come closer
To say I can stand no more
And that the trip is hard labour

No words can truly describe
How awfully bad I felt
But I now know I won’t get on a boat
Unless it can’t be helped

Copyright © 2012 by May Kwek

No comments: