Pages

Monday, April 9, 2012

The forest in a dream


The forest in a dream

By May Kwek

When life is hectic with its ups and downs
I’d like to take a trip out of town
To visit the forest in my dreams
And lay down beside the gentle stream

There all is quiet, peaceful and serene
Filled with wonders yet unseen
Where the only sound in the air
Is the gentle water flowing without a care

Around me are giants
Growing above the moss
And when the wind blows
Their leaves they gladly toss

There is a misty peace
Lingering in the air
And when the sun shines through the trees
Its glow it gladly shares

There I feel content
And my burdens I gladly shed
And deeper into the forest I go
Wherever I am led

I will explore and see
A great many things
Then finally by the stream
I will awake from my dream

Copyright © 2012 by May Kwek 

No comments: