Pages

Monday, October 8, 2018

The Mirror’s Smile


The Mirror’s Smile

By May Kwek

I met a mirror today
And it waved back at me
A smile graced its face
And I wondered how could it be?

So I asked it and it laughed
Before it sat me down
And asked me, really
What was the reason for my frown?

So I sighed and I answered
In a tale of my woes
Of a world dark and battered
Torturous to behold

Of clouds of grey
And stormy wintry nights
Of sadness and of pain
Of illness and of fright

I then looked at the mirror
And I did not expect to see
A smile still on its face
Was staring back at me

And then it looked to the sky
Where the warming sun shone
“Tomorrow” it whispered
“Will bring another dawn”

For it cared not for grey skies
And it could bear any pain
So long as tomorrow the sun rose
It would battle and stay sane

And so the mirror looked at me
Without a single trace of guile
Before it softly whispered to me
“Courage dear heart and smile”

Copyright © 2018 by May Kwek

No comments: