Pages

Tuesday, June 27, 2017

I’ll wait

I’ll wait

By May Kwek

Man counts progress in hours
The Lord by years and a day
From the springs that grow into winters
Rather than the sun that fades away

Years though long seem short
Under his knowing eye
A chick that cries now for a moment
Becomes an eagle that flies

So now though it seems glum
And naught is as I planned
I can girdle myself to wait
Until I understand

That everything has a time
And everything has a moment
And until that time, that time
Don’t speak yet, listen!

For there’s a plan in action
Clicking in slowly by the days
From little words, thoughts, actions
That are thrown our way

At the right time they’ll fall in
Exactly as they should
But with a plan stretching years
Only at the exact moment they would

And until the last piece is in place
In days, weeks, years, decades
Because I know he has a plan
I can content myself to wait

Copyright © 2017 by May Kwek

No comments: