Pages

Wednesday, February 12, 2014

The grace of birds

The grace of birds

By May Kwek

If I wished to see flying grace
I need not look to a further place
Than at the bright coral blue sky
And the birds as they fly

As they dive, swoop and glide
Riding on the wind’s delight
As they hover, flap or call out their song
All through the day and the night long

Take the eagle soaring in the air
Circling the earth with deliberate care
With sharp eyes finding his prey
And diving down for his meal of the day

Or perhaps let’s take a swallow
Darting through the trees
Like an inky black crescent moon
Flying across skies we can’t see

Or maybe even a sparrow
Rounded with too much food
Comically falling before flying
Like a silly fool would

Yet they all fly in the sky
With a grace to which we can’t compare
So if I wanted to see gracefulness I would watch the skies
For I know I would find it there

Copyright © 2014 by May Kwek

No comments: