Pages

Sunday, February 23, 2014

The forever wait

The forever wait

By May Kwek

It has been a good three months
Since the A levels left me
Yet sometimes I remember and wonder
About this memory

Time has faded its clarity
I am not longer as sure
Of exactly what I did
Though that I worked hard is clear

And now as February draws to a close
And the results come ever nearer
What I got seems to loom over me
Like a questions that lingers

Most times I forget about it
And have fun and rest
Then when I am not watching it catches me
With “did you do your best?”

Of course I did!
That I surely know
I had never worked so hard
Didn’t think it was possible to do so

Yet I can’t help but plan
My road if I did badly
If I didn’t get what I wanted
What degree would be handy?

Oh I wish I would know already
This wait is too long
Better to accept my results reality
And have the question gone!

Copyright © 2014 by May Kwek

No comments: