Pages

Sunday, June 3, 2012

It’s hard

It’s hard

By May Kwek

It is hard to do what I must do
Through experience I know this is true
But I will do it anyway
Throughout every night and day

I find that my passion is lacking
And that my faith needs more backing
In order to do what I dislike
And yet I know that it is right

No one said it would be easy
But I would do it anyway
Because I know that all this work
In the end must pay

Even if I can’t see the end
I know it is there
Even if I cannot tell
I just know that God cares

I know this must have a purpose
Though I can’t see it yet
I know there is a reason
Low spirits have me in their net

It is hard to do what I must
And not do what I want
But I will come through the dark
And bask in the sun

It is not the end
Though doubt has hit me
At the end of the tunnel
A light I still see

It is hard I must admit
But to defeat I will not submit
Low spirits or not I will carry on
Until I see the rising dawn

Copyright © 2012 by May Kwek

No comments: