Pages

Saturday, March 30, 2024

Waiting

Waiting

A Holy Saturday Poem

By May K.

Waiting. I am still waiting
Waiting and waiting still
For what exactly? I do not know
But I’ll keep waiting still

Light of lights has fallen
They say darkness will now reign
Somehow the world seems a shadow
And waiting is a silent pain

That aches, that burns, that slumbers not
Long it makes the hours
Yet we must wait. Wait!
Victory will yet be ours

There was a promise he made before he died
But now I cannot remember
Why does it seem important though?
Is Death not forever?

Light of lights. Light of lights
Into the darkness did descend
No. No, it cannot be
This is not the end!

So wait. Wait. Keep waiting still
Waiting is the hardest thing
To keep hoping, to keep believing
In whatever the Lord will bring

When there is naught but silence
Naught. Indeed, nothing
Good is quiet while Evil dances
With victory drunk it sings

It seems the world has ended
Even before it has begun
Whipped, killed, crucified
Oh! They killed God’s son!

But no! No! I’ll keep waiting
Waiting and waiting still
Despair will take all it can
But my hope it never will

So wait, somehow, wait
Another minute, an hour, a day
Wait! Give me strength to wait!
Are the words with which I pray

For darkness cannot vanquish the light
Though, really, it seems we lost
I am freed. I am redeemed
But oh! At what a cost!

Please. Please. Please
Let us wait not in vain
Give us strength for this agony
Near drives us insane

Hope is coming! It is coming!
But I don’t know yet when or how
It’s not the end! I don’t believe it
But victory? How?

Never mind. Time answers all things
My task is simply to wait
Wait for an answer, wait for a moment
Wait for the truth?

I will wait.

Copyright © 2024 by Kwek Yi Zhen

No comments: