Pages

Sunday, March 31, 2024

Rejoicing

Rejoicing

An Easter Poem

By May K.

Come laugh with me! Oh laugh!
Come sing with me! Let’s sing!
Singing is too weak so let us dance!
Oh what joyful news we bring!

The tomb is open! Open!
The stone has been rolled away!
Night has ended, the sun has risen!
Our God has won the day!

Ha! Oh how can I not laugh?
Even my weeps of joy seem to sing
The Evil ones danced yesterday
But look! Look! The light now rings!

He lives! He lives! He lives forevermore!
The darkness has fallen away
The day shines new, it shines forever
Oh blessings on this day!

Come run with me! Come Run!
For nothing can contain our joy!
Run to him! Let’s go meet him!
The reason for our joy!

The time of waiting is over!
The night is over. Silence has passed
The world now sings in an endless laughter
What a glorious thing has come to pass!

Death’s blade has been broken
The grave is forever no more
We thought He had fallen. Not so
He reigns forever more!

So let the light overflow this day!
Come! Now all is new
He lives! He’s won! He’s saved us all!
Oh praise the Lord, it is true!

Forever and ever will we remember
These past days shall be forever retold
How he came to save and died to live
Oh to our Lord let us sing an ode!

Amazing Grace! Amazing Grace!
A victory by his blood won!
He lives! He breathes! The darkness flees!
The work is finished! It is done!

Ever a remembrance. Ever a celebration
Ever a reason for great joy!
Whatever trials, whatever temptations
This certainty we shall forever enjoy!

So laugh with me! Come laugh!
Sing with me! Oh sing!
Dance with me. Oh dance with me!
It is the day of rejoicing!

Happy Easter!

Copyright © 2024 by Kwek Yi Zhen

No comments: