Pages

Sunday, April 16, 2017

Today is the reason

Today is the reason

By May Kwek

It is Easter today
And for the very first time
I wonder why I’ve never celebrated it
With ornaments of rhyme

For today, today is the reason
The reason for my hope’s joy
The reason why we press on
With faith none can destroy

Yes, today, today is the reason
I can bow my head and pray
Call the Almighty “Father”
It’s an audacious thing to say

Today! Yes today!
Is the reason I can live
The reason despite all life’s troubles
Some have heart to give

Today, yes it’s the reason
That prisoners can be free
That all lost souls can be found
And sorrow flees

For it is today! Two thousand years past
Amidst the tears that wouldn’t dry
That Hope rose from the dead
And dried every eye

And today is special
For just one reason
For today, yes today
He has risen!

Happy Easter!

Copyright © 2017 by May Kwek

No comments: