Pages

Sunday, July 15, 2012

A Discovery



A Discovery

By May Kwek

It was a usual hot and sunny day
But walking by the plants was always my way
So walking by a leafy patch
A bright orange I did catch

So I took a step back
And so found what made me glad!
A tawny coster sitting among the leaves
Time for a moment seemed to cease

Each gentle twitch
Each silent movement
Seemed lovelier than all I’ve seen
In my many lessons

Its bright orange shone
Like a blazing fire
And though it stayed still
It could rise higher

But it just stayed there
Snacking on a flower
And I quickly realized
That a photo was in my power

And so I took several
Happy for a time
With butterflies and the sun
Everything shines

And the photo above you see
Is the butterfly I found
And don’t you agree with me
That it’s a glad sight when you’re down?

Copyright © 2012 by May Kwek
   

No comments: