Pages

Sunday, May 20, 2012

An unusual pencil case

An unusual pencil case

By May Kwek

If you saw me in school
You would have thought me dreadfully poor
Because my writing tools
Are in a ziplock bag I fear

Yes, that's right
A ziplock bag
Made of clear plastic
And as fat as a sack

But the truth is I'm not poor
And that the bag is fine
Although it is unconventional
The fact is it's mine!

The thing is I like it
Small, light and plain
With no added features
That threaten to make me vain

It is easy to carry around
Especially when you're in a rush
Because it just wraps around your pens
In a way that makes you gush 

But now as I look at its many holes
I feel that it is time to part
So farewell my quirky pencil box
I'll store my memories in my heart

Copyright © 2012 by May Kwek

No comments: