Pages

Sunday, February 19, 2012

Getting there


Getting there

By May Kwek

I am getting there but by another way
Away from the track that others take
And though it is a lonely way
There’s no other that I would take

For the old track confines
You must run all the way
And even if you are tired
No word can you say

Whereas the new track is freedom
From these confinements
But I will stumble
And have to learn some lessons

But I will get there
I will finish all the same
Although it was by another road
That I laboriously came

At least on this road I will learn
Although it may have many turns
But I will take it anyway
And prove it right on finishing day

So I am getting there, I am getting there
But doing it my own way
Away from the well walked track
But having happier days

Copyright © 2012 by May Kwek