Pages

Sunday, December 30, 2018

Confronting Time



Confronting Time

By May Kwek

Oh ask me not, not today
For my spirits have quite flown away
It flew out the window, into open air
And where it went, I know not where

For it told me not before it left
And it's left me quite bereft
For here I have to sit alone
And to the hours quietly roam

The hours pass, where've they gone?
For time just ticks on and on
And it cares not what I have to say
I cannot plead it to stay

Oh time! Oh time! Oh ruinous time!
Thou shall be my enemy I find
For you steal from pleasure and add to woes
When I find that you must go

And leave me not with a quiet hour
To just enjoy the present's power
As I rush from task to task
It did not seem too much to ask

But no, you will not listen to me
You cannot talk, you only flee
Treating my words as if not heard
Oh time, you're a hopeless coward!

Copyright © 2018 by May Kwek

No comments: