Pages

Thursday, May 2, 2013

I'm not writing for a while


I'm not writing for a while

By May Kwek

I haven’t been able
To write poems for a while
But happily for now this ability
Has returned as you see now

You see my major exams are approaching
Like death knells they beat ever near
Stress, tiredness and even boredom courses through me
And at the centre is, I am afraid, fear

So I am sorry everyone
But I haven’t the time to write
Even when I do the stress
Blocks out my muse’s light

But I shall continue again
When all this is over and done
Assuming that I am alive, above ground
And still smiling at the sun

So I am afraid that you must be patient
And give me the time to learn my lessons
Before I return with renewed vigour
To write words forever and ever!

Wish me luck everyone! And see you again come December!

Copyright © 2013 by May Kwek

No comments: